Molkenkur is halfway up the Königstuhl, and is the change-over station between the lower and upper funicular railways. Meaning goat’s milk whey, its name comes from the fact that in 1852, Albrecht Wagner built a new inn on this location and began selling health cures, which were based on the whey. Although no longer selling health cures, the inn is still in use as a hotel and restaurant, offering great views of the valley. It is believed that this was the location of Heidelberg’s first castle, and the current one was built at a later time. Unfortunalely, it was destroyed by lightning in 1537.