This square is in memorial to a synagogue that was burnt down by the Nazi party in 1938. It is based on the original layout of the synagogue, which was built in 1877. Marble paving stones indicate the walls, and the granite the entry and windows. The twelve sandstone cubes not only represent the location of the pews, but also the twelve tribes of Israel. The memorial is located on the corner of Lauerstraße and Große Mantelgasse.