Tiefburg, located in the district of Handschuhsheimer, dates back to the Middle Ages, although records do not indicate exactly when it was built. The castle sustained heavy damage during the Thirty Years War, and as a result, was destroyed during the War of the Palatinate Succession in January of 1689. Instead of rebuilding the castle, a new mansion was built beside it. Later, for safety reasons, much of the original castle was knocked down. Between 1911 and 1913, Count Raban Graf von Helmstatt, renovated the ruins into what is there today. Parts of the castle are still used for festivals.