things to do
make sure you have done the following:
* Made two copies of your passport. Leave one with family, and keep the other with you, packed in a separate area. This will expedite the process of getting a new one should yours become lost or stolen.
* Checked for any travel warnings for the area you plan to travel to
* Obtained an International Driver's Permit (IDP) if you are planning to drive in Germany.
(The only authorized association where an IDP may be obtained is from the AAA (American Automobile Association).)
- AAA (American Automobile Association) , 1000 AAA Drive, Heathrow, FL 32745-5063. The application is available on-line. www.aaasouth.com
* Left a copy of your travel itinerary and contact numbers with a family member so you can be contacted, if necessary. (Likewise, it is a good idea to register with the U.S. Embassy or State Department when traveling abroad. In case of an emergency, this will make it easier to contact you.)